Monday, February 4, 2008

I was going

to ask nicely.
I was going to be humble
and soft spoken.
I was going to say, "Oh well"
and just put on
the cement shoes
again.
I was going to be a good,
well-groomed,
polite,
courteous
little boy.
But I can't
and
I won't
any longer.
This war is over, pal,
and you lose.
You're not going to beat me down with
your damned terror tactics
and horror shows any more.
You won't make me lie there
in the dark
trying to figure out
how to simply
will myself dead, ever again.
You won't show the people I love
to me in a funhouse mirror
any more.
You're going to let me out,
G-d damn it,
or I'm breaking down the walls
of this stinking cesspool
myself.
You've had me in here
long enough.
You've taken away
more from me
than you had
any right to,
and I'm saying
THAT'S IT.
I'm sick of hating that
poor kid.
I'm sick of only seeing the bad parts
of the movie.
I'm sick of losing just by
walking on to the field.
I'm sick of believing every
lie ever said about me,
especially the ones
I told.
I'm sick of you,
you rotten son of a bitch.

Yeah, I screwed up--a lot.
I admit it.
I don't blame anyone but me.
Are you happy now?
But I always had you
wrapped around my neck
like some rotting carcass,
and I won't put up with it one more second.
I'm not letting you fatten your pile
of ill-gotten loot any more.
I'm leaving NOW.
I'm kicking your worthless ass
TONIGHT and walkin' out of here.
I still have time for a big finish.
And no useless scab like you
is going to stop me.
Your prison is being blown up
with you in it.
And it's about time.

No comments: